Payment Protection Insurance (otherwise known as PPI) was designed to make sure that you could keep up your monthly repayments on loans, credit cards or mortgages if you ended up not able to work due to an accident, sickness or unemployment.
The majority of people in Scotland who were taking out a loan, credit card or mortgage were offered a Payment Protection Insurance policy, many of them even had it added on without them even knowing about it. It was not compulsory to take out this policy which is something that a lot of advisers and sales agents neglected to tell their customers.
There are a number of different cases in which people in Scotland are able to make Payment Protection claims. You may be able to reclaim PPI if you meet any of the criteria mentioned below:
- You were unemployed when you purchased PPI
- You were self-employed when you purchased PPI
- You were over 65 or retired when you purchased PPI
- You were a student or under 18 when you purchased PPI
- You were advised that PPI was essential
- The bank/lender didn’t tell you that you’d purchased PPI – they simply just added it on to your repayments
- The bank/lender didn’t fully explain the policy to you
- You already had employment insurance when you’d took out the policy
- You were part of a contractural sick pay scheme when you purchased the PPI
Here at our company we’ve helped clients throughout Scotland make successful Payment Protection Claims. We understand that dealing with the banks isn’t always an easy process, especially when it is them that owe you money – so use us and we can do all of the hard work that’s involved with making your claim.
Each member of our staff are experienced when it comes to Payment Protection Claims and can help you even if you’ve lost your initial financial documents. We can also help you if you’ve repaid your loan or credit card.
When you come to us a member of our team will sit down with you and discuss all aspects of your claim, if you are then happy to go ahead using us then we can get started on your claim.
To discuss your claim with one of our staff members just give us a call today or fill out our contact form and we’ll arrange an appointment to meet up with you and discuss your claim.